Travis Lyle Diener (born March 1 1982 in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin) is a professional basketball player in the NBA. Following a college career at Marquette University, he was a second round draft choice (38th overall) of the Orlando Magic in the 2005 NBA Draft. His selection mystified some critics, who argued that the Magic were overloading on point guards, already having Steve Francis and Jameer Nelson on their roster. Diener made his NBA debut on December 2, 2005, playing 12 minutes and scoring three points in a loss to the Memphis Grizzlies. On December 3, 2005, Travis made his "hometown" debut in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (about 60 miles from his actual home town of Fond du Lac), where he played more than 22 minutes and scored 14 points, including 4-4 shooting from three-point range, but the Orlando Magic lost the game to the Milwaukee Bucks with a final score of 104-84. He has played sporadically since then.
- His parents are Bob and Vicki Diener.
- Sister Brittney plays basketball for Lewis University.
- Sister Rachel plays for the University of Saint Louis.
- Cousin Drake Diener played for DePaul.
- Cousin Drew Diener played for Saint Louis.
- At one point during the 2005-06 NBA season he ranked first in three-point field goal percentage.
- NBA.com Profile - Travis Diener
- NBA Fantasy Basketball Stats - Travis Diener
- Official Website - Travis Diener