Following a college career at the University of Texas at Austin, Mihm was the 7th overall pick of the 2000 NBA Draft, chosen by the Chicago Bulls. He was immediately traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers for their pick, Jamal Crawford (Mihm was with Chicago for 15 minutes). In the weeks prior to the draft, Mihm had been floated as a potential number one overall selection, but concerns about his toughness dropped him in many scouts' books. He has averaged 7.6 points per game in his career, which has also included a stint with the Boston Celtics. Mihm is now a Laker in a trade that sent Rick Fox and Gary Payton to the Celtics. He starts at center for the Lakers and was rapidly developing as a low post scorer before an ankle injury essentially ended his season. He posted a career high scoring average of 10.4 points per game before the injury.
- Chris enjoys fishing in his native Wisconsin in his free time.
- Chris Mihm's Los Angeles home was profiled in a TV segment on the hit TV show MTV Cribs.
- Chris played junior tennis with Andy Roddick
- Parents names: Nina (Irene) and Gary Mihm
- Has one sibling: sister Jessica Mihm
- Has 9% body fat